Time Lapse Network wants you to feel like home when staying at its TLN Forum. This page lists a few rules which you’re supposed to follow as long as you are part of our community!
TLN Forum Rules
Welcome to the Time Lapse Network Forum (in brief: TLN Forum).
The TLN Forum is an international, online community of time-lapse photography lovers, from beginners to professionals. It is the mission of the TLN Forum to be an informative, educational, and friendly place to discuss all aspects of time-lapse photography, as well as a place to share images or videos.
The following rules are in place so there can be no misconception regarding the privileges and responsibilities inherent by being a contributing member in this forum.
TLN Forum Members
As a registered member (this includes regular members as well as subscribers), when posting on the TLN Forum, you agree to abide by the following rules:
- You are completely responsible for the content of your posts. Upon becoming a member, you agree to hold harmless the TLN Forum owners and staff regarding any claim based against you from a posted message or forum behaviour. Although we guard your privacy on a routine basis and will not disclose confidential information to other members, TLN Forum reserves the right to disclose any and all information we may have on you, from your IP address to your actual identity, should a complaint or legal action arise due to posts you have made here.
- Your IP address is recorded with each post, so that in the event of a major infraction of TLN Forum rules, your address(es) will be banned as well as your ISP contacted.
- You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TLN Forum Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated.
- You agree not to post any links or messages that lead to material which could be deemed obscene, discriminatory, unlawful, or threatening in nature by the TLN Forum Staff, which reserves the right to edit, delete, or otherwise remove any material which is deemed to be an infraction of this rule, based solely on their discretion.
- Should you disagree with a staff member’s decision regarding one of your posts, please contact the site owners, privately. Publicly challenging a staff member may result in banning, regardless of who is deemed right. For example: a moderator closes your thread. Opening a new thread on the same topic or to insult or challenge the moderator may lead to your being banned.
- Should a TLN Forum Staff member contact you requesting changes in your posts, your signature, your style, or any other comments, you are expected to cooperate completely.
- Although we have not implemented guidelines restricting signature sizes and format, you are requested to keep signatures from competing for attention with the images contained in each post. Here are the guidelines:
- Any graphics or images used in signatures will be restricted to a single item with a MAXIMUM size of 400px wide x 100px high
- No animated or flamboyant signatures are allowed.
- No political statements or links are allowed.
- The forum Moderators and Administrators reserve the right to remove any signature that is not in keeping with the above guidelines, and will notify you if your signature is not in compliance. If you are found to be in continuous violation of signature guidelines, you may face action on your account.
- We encourage TLN Forum members to friendly and open discourse regarding time lapse photography. Personal attacks on any members as well as TLN Forum Staff will not be tolerated, and these posts will be deleted and the instigators possibly banned.
- This is primarily an adult forum, though we accept members from the age of 13. Please keep this in mind as you post, particularly if you are engaged in a discussion with a member you do not know. In addition, although casual swearing is tolerated, excessive swearing and abusive language is not tolerated.
- Flaming is not tolerated. Any member who routinely taunts, insults, or engages in any inflammatory, fight-inducing behaviour will face banning, and such posts will be edited or removed.
- Spamming is not tolerated. Do not cross-post messages in multiple forums in an effort to gain attention. Furthermore, should it be obvious by your signature or posting style that you are here only to promote your business or product, you may receive a warning or possibly be banned. It is permissible for active, involved members to post links to their personal or business web sites.
- No linking to crowd funding websites or groups or personal or commercial gain, without prior permission from the Administrators of this site. It is permissible to link to such sites if they are of general interest and relevance to the forum, but we will remove any such link that we believe is self-advertising or promotion from the poster. Please contact an Administrator prior to such postings to avoid moderator action.
- No general politics are allowed. If the political discussion involves photography, it may be allowed. Use common sense when posting anything of a political nature.
- No religious discussions or debates are allowed. Exceptions are only an objective explanation of a religious ceremony that may have been photographed during the course of a wedding shoot, or other photojournalistic event that may require some informative background.
We hope you will always enjoy the TLN Forum, but should you wish to leave, please do so quietly – lengthy departure threads are discouraged, and may be removed. In addition, we do not delete or hide member accounts, so please know your posts will remain indefinitely even if you are no longer active.
TLN Forum Staff
The TLN Forum staff includes the site owners, administrators, moderators, and editors. The entire TLN Forum staff:
- reserves the right to edit, move, or delete any post with or without explanation
- may contact you regarding your signature size, a post’s content, etc., and any such requests for change are expected to be complied with
- does not condone the sharing of illegally acquired software, nor do we tolerate discussions regarding the distribution of same. Such posts will be removed or edited
- reserves the right to create automated links or edit existing links towards online stores such as Amazon, so that they can be actively cover portion of the Time Lapse Network costs using Amazon or 3rd party affiliation programmes
- TLN Forum staff cannot and do not review every single post, nor are we responsible for the content of any posted message. However, we reserve the right to edit, move, or delete any message whatsoever, which may be done with or without explanation.
- TLN Forum Staff also reserve the right to move, with or without explanation, any message that appears to be posted in the wrong forum. Although every effort is made to contact the poster when this is done, this is not always possible.
These rules will be updated as often as needed, and this list may not include recent rules that are in effect but remain not added. Although we will make every effort to keep you informed, we reserve the right to modify or update these rules without notice.
Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy the TLN Forum!