What is the best lens for milky way time lapse?

Niels Tholen

Time-lapser
Hi Aaron,

Been checking out your Youtube channel, some pretty awesome timelapse you'd shoot. The Nikon 14-24mm f2.8 takes a big bite out my bank account. But yes, it is a great lens!

Thanks for your reply!

Aaron Priest

Active time-lapser
Yeah, you could almost buy the Roki 14mm, 24mm, and Sigma 35mm for the same price! Hah!

My newer work is on Vimeo. I still have a lot of editing to do from this spring and summer. Heck, I still haven't edited everything I shot last fall yet. LOL! I can never keep up...

Uli Fehr

New time-lapser
The author of this "list" - in fact there are only a few lenses mentioned - says "This score is a mathematical calculation based purely on some simple physics. It doesn’t account for other considerations like the lens’s build quality or optical aberrations" so you shouldn't select a lens based on this list.

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page