Westcliffe, Colorado time-lapse by ElemotionPhoto

ElemotionPhoto

New time-lapser
Been lurking on here for a while, have something to post finally. A short piece on a small town and surrounding area of Westcliffe, Colorado.

Thanks for watching.

Last edited:

stoutch

TLN Community Manager
Staff member
Nice video! Love the scenes. The only thing that I didn't understand is why a lot of the stars in the milky way scene are flickering that much. Apart from that it's really amazing! Those clouds are crazy beautiful!

ElemotionPhoto

New time-lapser
Thanks Alan. Are you seeing the stars flickering in both star shots or just the first? If you are seeing it in the first only it may just be the clouds that came into the shot towards the end. The only other thing I can think of is if you don't watch it full screen, the scaling down to the smaller window of the embedded version above may make it look weird. Otherwise I'm not sure, I am curious though if you could give some more insight and I appreciate your comments!

marcofama

Time Lapse Network Founder
Staff member
I agree Alan: fantastic sequences in there... although I feel like it lacks a bit of a story... don't you too? I mean... there's a lot of good material in there, but it jumps from milky way to daylight sequences and then rolls back to night ones, without a precise meaning.

Am I the only one who thinks so?

ElemotionPhoto

New time-lapser
I agree Alan: fantastic sequences in there... although I feel like it lacks a bit of a story... don't you too? I mean... there's a lot of good material in there, but it jumps from milky way to daylight sequences and then rolls back to night ones, without a precise meaning.

Am I the only one who thinks so?
I've never been very good at telling a story :). Thanks for sharing on FB though guys.

stoutch

TLN Community Manager
Staff member
It's the first one mostly and it's less visible in full screen (but still visible). It's not only where the clouds are. It's an overall thing. it looks like the stars have been pumped a bit too much and that is causing some clamping during the compression for the video. If you bring them back just a bit it will help

ElemotionPhoto

New time-lapser
It's the first one mostly and it's less visible in full screen (but still visible). It's not only where the clouds are. It's an overall thing. it looks like the stars have been pumped a bit too much and that is causing some clamping during the compression for the video. If you bring them back just a bit it will help
Thanks for looking at it again Alan. I'll have to play around with it some more and see if it can be corrected for next time. We haven't done a lot of night work before so there is some things we need to work out.

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page