Timelapse Photography Course, Leiden, The Netherlands, February-March 2016

Zoeperkoe

Active time-lapser
Hey photoSentinel,

Thanks for asking!

I thought they went pretty well. It was the first time I gave a class like this but I liked it a lot, and I learned a lot in the process.

In the end 5 people signed up, ranging from semi-professional to just starting out with photography. This was the result of the fact that I did not have any entry requirements beyond basic timelapse equipment (camera, intervalometer, tripod). Sometimes this meant that I had to explain basic stuff that wasn't relevant to everyone, but people seem to have accepted that. I actually learned a lot about other cameras - I shoot Canon and I know Nikon pretty well as well, but for example Sony has a very different in-camera solution for timelapse that presented its own problems during the course (which all got solved, luckily). We went out 1 night and the other classes were devoted to preparation, timelapse techniques, and post-processing.

I am hoping to collect some of the footage the students shot and make a short video to show off their work. If I do, I will definitely post it here!

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page