The Chronos Project checking in.

stoutch

TLN Community Manager
Staff member
Welcome to the community Chris!
I checked your project a while ago and it looks amazing!
Would you like to share the location your writing from with us?
Regarding the ads, yes Chris. This an entirely free community, so ads are what keeps it alive.
Do you find them annoying?

Chris@Chronos

New time-lapser
Ads are always annoying, but sometimes they are needed to keep costs down. These just hog up half the dialogue space. I dont know if they can be changed to banners or something.. Either way, its not really my place to say how to run the site :)

Thanks for the kind words. I saw the section you have with some various DIY projects, sliders listed, etc, i would love to be able to get in on that. We recently just put out some kits to make the DIY part a bit easier, it is a pretty ambitious project after all.

And i am writing from Colorado USA. :)

marcofama

Time Lapse Network Founder
Staff member
Ciao Chris, it's very nice to have you here!
Thanks for your feedback, which is always appreciated.

I'm wondering what's the ads you're talking about, mate.. I mean, actually there should be none yet on Time Lapse Network - although we plan to put not-so-giant banners as soon as the site grows a bit in terms of numbers.

BTW, they won't be more invasive than a 300px MREC... are you talking about the "pre launch giant popup" which opens up on the home page, to state that this is a preliminary uncomplete version of the site?

stoutch

TLN Community Manager
Staff member
I think he's talking about what you see in line with your post on the forum from the desktop version of the forum. The banner on the right hand side of each post. I guess

Chris@Chronos

New time-lapser
I'm talking about the giant ones in the forums. I would sort of expect them to be in the main website

Hi, Im with The Chronos Project, and here is an Ad by Revolve in my post! ;)

marcofama

Time Lapse Network Founder
Staff member
hey Chris... thanks for pointing this out!
They were simply injected from a portion of code which was (wrongly) migrated from Time Lapse Italia forum, sorry for the inconvenience.

However, this start up phase doesn't foresee any ads, although they'll somehow be integrated here too because creating and mantaining such a site and community unfortunately, takes time and real money to.

Thanks for your kind words, and if you want you can learn more about how to support this project, and what these tiny money will be used for!

Take care,
Marco

Alex

New time-lapser
Hi Chris!
Happy to see you here, hope we can share great things in the forum. I love your attitude and the work you do that way!

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page