Asif Islam

New time-lapser
I would like to share with you my short film on how light pollution affects the view of the night sky. It shows how the view gets progressively better as the light pollution reduces (from Los Angeles to Great Basin desert). More details in the description of the video.

I got great response from all over the world within a week of uploading the video. Many organizations, astronomy society reached out to me, and will use the video for raising awareness. I hope it'll create awareness on reducing light pollution.

I mostly used A7rii with a Zeiss batis 18mm lens for the time lapse. Editing is done in lightroom, and premiere pro.

Hope you enjoy the video.

Thanks,
Asif

Last edited:

marcofama

Time Lapse Network Founder
Staff member
Inspiring, meaningful, and well done.

I liked this - the music you found is quite original and almost unheard in this timelapse world, and I love when someone does it and won't reuse the same old music (spoke about this problem in my article on the mistakes to avoid)

I would love to feature it on TLN and TLI, Asif, with the Best of 2017 tag too.

Will you please submit its details at
https://timelapsenetwork.com/contact-us/submit-your-timelapse-video/

?

Asif Islam

New time-lapser
Thank you very much Marco.
I wanted to add some unique music which suits the video well. For that, I worked with the media to make the music unique.

I just submitted the details. Let me know if you've any questions.

Thanks,
Asif

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page