Removal of Light from approaching car into a night scene

Hello everyone, I currently use Lightroom and LRTimelapse to process my time lapses sequences, then FCPX for assembling the final film. I have some milkyway sequences that have approaching and leaving bursts of unwanted red and whilte light into my scene and I am wondering if there is any software out there to remove this. I am not a photoshop users and find it really complicated. It there anything else that will allow the removal of these unwanted lights in the middle of my time lapse? Thanks

I am not aware of any software specialized in removing light pollution from time-lapse sequences. Depending on the sequence and severity of the light pollution, I use different techniques in Adobe After Effects. Probably the easiest is to copy a previous clean frame and then cover up the light trails. Mask the clean frame to blend as needed.

The bird removal thingy for after effects may work with different blending and some masking. Sometimes i convert to jpg and copy the previous photo with no light on top of the one with unwanted light in PS, similar to above. A bit tedious.

The bird removal thingy for after effects may work with different blending and some masking. Sometimes i convert to jpg and copy the previous photo with no light on top of the one with unwanted light in PS, similar to above. A bit tedious.
Thanks Darren, I've finally found a very tedious way to do it and have had fairly acceptable results and that is via the "draw mask" tool in FCPX. I do not own after effects so I had been hoping for a way to do it in FCPX

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page