Paris: which café close to Eiffel Tower, would you recommend?

marcofama

Time Lapse Network Founder
Staff member
Hi guys!

Which "café with a view" in Paris, close to Eiffel Tower, would you recommend to nomad work for a few hours? Free fast wifi needed :)

Giving you a few extra information on what I need: on Thursday 19 May 2016 I am going to Paris for a business meeting in the afternoon (with a colleague).

As my flight from TRN is very early in the morning so I would like to stay in a cafeteria to work possibly close to the Eiffel Tower in order to enjoy a special view during my work/stay! :)

Any recommendations? :)

P.S. Not sure who's from Paris but maybe @Clarisse @x5rdman @Sylvain DIDIER @AnthonyDF you can help? :) thanks!!

Oliver

Active time-lapser
Hey Maro. What do you want to do, just stay in a cafe with Wifi near the Eiffel tower or do you also need to get a good view for timelapse shooting while working on the Cafe ?
Also, what time are you going to stay at the cafe ? Most cafe in France don't open before 7-8am.
The thing is that the Eiffel tower is located on "Champ de Mars" plaza and the cafe are one block behind across the street and a line of trees on each side. Rue Monttessuy has many.
I would stay on the north side of the Seine River. You can try the New York cafe there (but same problem, with trees)

marcofama

Staff member
Amazing input Oliver! Really appreciate.. I won't have time for timelapse but wish I can enjoy the view.

Unfortunately though they say it'll be strong raining tomorrow :) so I'll try my best to find a good place :)

Ps. And there are strikes too haha.. That's gonna be tough

Oliver

Active time-lapser
The strikes gathering usually take place on the East side of Paris. There shouldn't be much activities around the Eiffel tower. That being said you still have to manage to arrive to Paris by plane with many flights cancelled and then go to downtown Paris with the subway (some drivers on strike) or cab (the truckers are blocking some roads too now...). Good luck and VIVE LA FRANCE...

marcofama

Staff member
Let's add the fact that a Paris > Cairo flight has just been reported to be probably destroyed by a bomb, and CDG is probably going to undergo some heavy flight cancelations tonight... darn it!

BTW, today with the train + metro I managed to get to Microsoft without any issues... truly hope I can get back home tonight to my 4 month old little Princess, Arya...

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page