Need help to deal with frustrations of using motion control kit

Pan

New time-lapser
Hey guys,

I just start shooting hyperlapse and still learning different kinds of camera movement.

I find it time-consuming to set up those motion control kit before shooting.
and find it hard to have the camera movement in absolute control (well..it's impossible but I really want it) to get exactly the shots i want.
When I have to handle different gears at the same time, I just can't shoot with confidence...

Did you have frustrated moments with motion control kits? Could you give me some advice to overcome my prob??

Thanks in advance!!

Oliver

Active time-lapser
- "find it hard to have the camera movement in absolute control to get exactly the shots i want."
- "When I have to handle different gears at the same time, I just can't shoot with confidence..."

Hi. Your question is not very clear. What s your problem exactly ? Do you have issue to frame your shoot ? Do you have stability problems ? And what is your equipment (slider, pan head ? which brand ?).
We can't give advice if we don't know the problem.

Last edited:

marcofama

Time Lapse Network Founder
Staff member
From Facebook:

I think your shoot shouldn't be the first time you set up your kit.. Set up your kit and set your lens and frame your pic a day before at the location and practice how to get it right fast. Then on the shooting day you can do it from muscle memory. And you can test your stability, etc. when you're preparing.

By Koszper Gabor

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page