LRTimelapse doesn't seems to do much with Holy Grail

Guilty

Active time-lapser
Hi guys,

Working at the moment on a new project, and I'm using lots of sunset shots in it, ofcourse when I'm shooting it I have to change the exposure sometimes, no worries, let's fix that in LRTimelapse..

That isn't the case, I follow all the steps Gunther is showing in his video about the holy grail methode, but it still isn't smooth.

Here is an example shot, the result is the same everywhere, not really a flicker, but you really can see the exposure bumps. Not what LRTimelapse needs to do. (oh, by the way, my camera is not straight in this shot, I know, that's something I do in the final edit hahaha)

Somebody know why this is happening? Really need to have my shots as smooth as possible, but it doesn't really look likes LRtimelapse is making big changes..

Thanks,
stef

Aaron Priest

Active time-lapser
How much of an exposure jump did you do, and how much editing in the post-processing, such as shadow boosting, highlight recovery, etc.? I ask because dynamic range of cameras starts to diminish as ISO gets higher or the exposure slider in Lightroom gets pushed. Sometimes this still results in a slight flicker, particularly in the highlights.

Guilty

Active time-lapser
I will watch tomorrow to the editing and the exposure jumps, Aaron. Don't have my hard drive with me tonight.. I always let it drop -1 EV and then change it back to the good exposure.

stoutch

TLN Community Manager
Staff member
It looks like you didn't do the deflicker step after the holy grail method. I was having the same issue at the beginning. Try to give a pass with the deflicker method after the holy grail. Just treat the output from the holygrail as the imput for the deflicker workflow and see if that helps

Guilty

Active time-lapser
@ Aaron & Zoeperke, will make a screenshot of my edit settings in LR tomorrow.
@stoutch & Richard, so after I did the holy grail and did the last setting I have to open the folder with my XMP info and follow all the deflicker steps, then save those settings and then render out?

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page