LineCam Time Lapse Rig

n3 Media

New time-lapser
My name is Nick Braun, and I am an amateur time lapser. I am part owner of a company that makes cable cam systems and have recently started developing a LineCam time lapse rig.
I hope that by joining this network of individuals, I will further my knowledge in time lapsing, and hopefully get some suggestions and feedback for my projects.
I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark3 and a Timelapse+ intervalometer.
Below are links to my media outlets, as well as a recent test video of my time lapse rig i'm developing.
Here are a couple pics of my developing project.

I literally just put this rig together from parts of our LineCam system, a few extra custom machined bits, and some goodies from circuit city, just for proving concept, before moving into design and machining.
Here is a video of last Fridays test.
This move was 150 feet long, about a 40 degree angle, the move lasted 3 hours, 690 images captured using a Timelapse+ intervalometer in auto Bulb-ramp mode and auto interval mode.

Follow me here:
Instagram: n3media
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NickBraunMedia
Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/user11581809
www.linecamsystems.com

marcofama

Time Lapse Network Founder
Staff member
Asked this somewhere else but: have you applied some warp stabiliser over the sequence in post?
Great work!

n3 Media

New time-lapser
No post stabilizing of any kind, and there was even an 8-10mph wind during this sequence. I wanted to show what the raw footage looked like without any post stabilizing.

n3 Media

New time-lapser
Here is the high angle test from the other night. I totally rushed setting up my camera and my Timelapse+, so the lapse quality is kinda bad, but this test was about the movement. This move was about 80 feet long, and the angle of the line was about 65-70 degrees.

Zoeperkoe

Active time-lapser
That footage looks tasty! I can see so many applications for something like that!

It looks like the intervalometer does a good job as well in ramping that sunset.

n3 Media

New time-lapser
The Timelapse+ is an incredible device. I just didn't have all my settings right for this sequence. Its auto bulb-ramp feature is incredible, and the auto interval feature is quite interesting as well.

n3 Media

New time-lapser
Well here are the result from last nights lesson packed test of the LineLapse rig. For how windy it was I am still being impressed by this rigs abilities! You can see a couple very tiny wobbles, but if I applies some post stabilizing, you would never know. Let me know what you think of this rig, practical uses, ideas for epic moves???

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page