Introducing myself to the forum - DJ

DominicJames

New time-lapser
Hi everyone,

Hope you all had a great weekend.

Just wanted to introduce myself and share my first (proper) timelapse.

https://vimeo.com/dominicjames/timelapse-bosham

I'm a pro photographer, based on the South Coast of the UK. I shoot mostly sports, lifestyle and luxury for clients all over. I've been in the creative industries for a long while now, and been dying to try out some time-lapse photography so I can take the techniques I'm learning into my commercial world and apply it to subjects such as cars and horses.

To start with, I set myself a personal project to capture a local location that I love to visit. Took quite a bit of planning but sadly one thing didn't happen as planned, I use the PhotoPills app for working out locations and timing to shot, but for some reason, the AR night view I was looking at the Milky Way Location was a year ahead in 2017, not 2016. I only found this out when I arrived to do the night shot and the centre of the milky way was below the horizon all night, and not due to be above it until May 2017, so, I pushed on and did what I could with the part I could see. I think I will add more nighttime to this timelapse later, once the tides come back round again.

Would welcome any technical advice on the link above, this is pretty much my first set of full time-lapse. I bought a Dynamic Perception Stage One, with an MX2 controller, I shoot on a Sony A7Rii camera with a 24-7omm GM 2.8 lens. I did the post-production in Capture One, LRTimelapse, Lightroom, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Premiere Pro.

All the best.

Dominic

marcofama

Time Lapse Network Founder
Staff member
Dominic, it's really nice to have you on board with us!

Thanks for joining

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page