Introducing Hyperlapse from Instagram

marcofama

Time Lapse Network Founder
Staff member
Ciao friends,
Instagram has just announced "Hyperlapse", a brand new app to create great hyperlapse videos with ease :)

Screen Shot 2014-08-26 at 21.01.10.jpg

Check this out:

Today, we’re excited to announce Hyperlapse from Instagram, a new app to capture high-quality time lapse videos even while in motion.

Traditionally, time lapse videos depend on holding your phone or camera still while you film. Hyperlapse from Instagram features built-in stabilization technology that lets you create moving, handheld time lapses that result in a cinematic look, quality and feel—a feat that has previously only been possible with expensive equipment.

We designed Hyperlapse to be as simple as possible. You don’t need an account to create a hyperlapse. Instead, you open up straight to the camera. Tap once to begin recording and tap again to stop. Choose a playback speed that you like between 1x-12x and tap the green check mark to save it to your camera roll. You can share your video on Instagram easily from there.

From documenting your whole commute in seconds or the preparation of your dinner from start to finish to capturing an entire sunset as it unfolds, we’re thrilled about the creative possibilities Hyperlapse unlocks. We can’t wait to see what you’ll create.

Source:
http://blog.instagram.com/post/95829278497/hyperlapse-from-instagram

This looks really cool. What would be even cooler would be the ability to import videos from my camera roll to this app to stabilize and timelapse them. I record my commute on my GoPro and being able to stabilize and speed up the video would be great.

This looks really cool. What would be even cooler would be the ability to import videos from my camera roll to this app to stabilize and timelapse them. I record my commute on my GoPro and being able to stabilize and speed up the video would be great.
To stabilize your videos the best option is to use an editor.I have Cyberling PowerDirector 12 Ultra but there are many others out there.

Indeed, this gives people a new way to creatively use their mobile toys :)
You are absolutely right about DIY gadgets made by amateurs.I am working on a 3 axes mini robot using the Mindstorm NXT kit. I have coached two teams of students for the international FLL competition and now is my turn to have some fun with this kit.Also,I am testing an under $ 10 video stabilizer for my Sony Action cam.

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page