INSANE! - Freedom of Panorama Under Threat in Europe

marcofama

Time Lapse Network Founder
Staff member
Should photographers be able to include copyrighted public building and sculptures in photos without having to worry about payment or permissions? The concept is called “freedom of panorama,” and it’s currently under attack over in Europe.

Know more:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2015-06-17/In_focus#cite_note-2

Source
http://petapixel.com/2015/06/20/alert-freedom-of-panorama-under-threat-in-europe/

This is INSANE!
Let's spread the word and share this post...

marcofama

Staff member
Current scope of freedom of panorama in Europe.The committee text would turn the map red or yellow for all EU countries.

What else? :-/

stoutch

TLN Community Manager
Staff member
OMG! I'm so glad I'm in Canada!!!!!! this is just stupid and ridiculous. they would do anything to steal money from people that just want to express a passion!!!!

Zoeperkoe

Active time-lapser
OMG! I'm so glad I'm in Canada!!!!!! this is just stupid and ridiculous. they would do anything to steal money from people that just want to express a passion!!!!
Yes, it's quite curious why this is happening, especially since there are very clear advantages to strong freedom of panorama. Only last year, FoP was introduced in Russia, and now Europe is going to be more strict than their eastern neighbour? That would be quite curious...

But there are things happening to stop this; and there is stuff we can do as well (such as contacting your national Members of European Parliament about this). Let's hope this does not turn into reality!

marcofama

Staff member
Once I shared this on Facebook I got tens of comments.. I believe there is strong awareness on the matter... Fingers crossed

Zoeperkoe

Active time-lapser
I saw that; that was nice! There seems to be more attention for it now; there are articles in large English newspapers and I just saw it picked up by a large Dutch news website as well. The interesting thing is that yesterday I was looking at some of the webpages of the (Dutch) photographer's association and they hadn't posted anything about it, even though this is going to hurt commercial photographer's as well.

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page