How To - Stars moving in timelapse and Comet Mode in StarStaX

Starstax has a feature to export the stacking gradually for a movie that "builds up" like in the example. Another option would be with After Effects.
Gunther, I appreciate your help but I couldn't find this feature, I'm playing with StarStax right now but I don't know how to do it!

For anyone else: basically in StarStaX you use "Comet Mode" and then "Save after each step". Then you can assemble the exported sequence to a time lapse.
If you rename the exported images to LRT_xxxxx.jpg and put them into a folder named LRT_<name> you could even use the LRTimelapse renderer to render the video.

For anyone else: basically in StarStaX you use "Comet Mode" and then "Save after each step". Then you can assemble the exported sequence to a time lapse.
If you rename the exported images to LRT_xxxxx.jpg and put them into a folder named LRT_<name> you could even use the LRTimelapse renderer to render the video.
I did exactly what you mention above and it works very smoothly, thanks again Gunther!

Btw, your software LRtimelapse is amazing.

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page