How to eliminate mosquitoing in LRTimelapse?

Joe Belanger

New time-lapser
Hi all,

On my astro time lapse outputs from LRT I am getting horrible mosquitoing. I am using the 4k JPG output option. I tried the TIFF version but it too ends up with mosquitoing. Are there any techniques to minimize/prevent this? I am shooting with a Nikon D810 and good glass and RAW. Also wondering if I have more control of bit rate to yield a higher quality output. Still trying to get familiar with LRT. Post work is in Lightroom.

Other recommendations outside of LRT Time-lapse are welcome.

Appreciate any advice.

Joe

Joe Belanger

New time-lapser
Hi all,

On my astro time lapse outputs from LRT I am getting horrible mosquitoing. I am using the 4k JPG output option. I tried the TIFF version but it too ends up with mosquitoing. Are there any techniques to minimize/prevent this? I am shooting with a Nikon D810 and good glass and RAW. Also wondering if I have more control of bit rate to yield a higher quality output. Still trying to get familiar with LRT. Post work is in Lightroom.

Other recommendations outside of LRT Time-lapse are welcome.

Appreciate any advice.

Joe

Here is a link to the file I'm talking about. You will need to download it to see the full impact of the flickering white noise called mosquitoing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ygjomvy5v5uvh43/Ramper Volcano TL.mov?dl=0

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page