horizon - Boschplaat in timelapse

Simon Plat

New time-lapser
Hi,

please watch my newest creation, shot in one of Hollands greatest nature reserves at the Dutch island of Terschelling:

Simon

marcofama

Time Lapse Network Founder
Staff member
not the first time I see and read about this Terschelling island..
that looks a very nice location for a timelapse.

You're good at timelapsing I believe.. the only thing is: I would have tried to tell something more about it rather than showcasing good scenery under clouds moving...

are you planning to make a shorter version out of this, maybe with only the best of?

Simon Plat

New time-lapser
Thanks for the feedback. Any tips on how to add more information without narration or lots of text between the shots?

For all the Dutch that know this area, this movie is not too long, they love it. For people shooting and watching lots of timelapses I guess it is all quite mediocre...

My ultimate goal would be to shoot all sorts of nature shots, make a tiny nature documentary, including some timelapse to spice things up. But never find the time nor the friends to do it. Maybe next life.

marcofama

Time Lapse Network Founder
Staff member
Thanks for this

Actually I was talking about having a story told with images rather than text, and having it a little shorter.

I feel the same when timelapse are from my location too.. but recognize that as you say, probably for the rest of the world what matters is.. watching the essentials :)

Simon Plat

New time-lapser
Hi Marco,

You watch a lot of these timelapses. Do you have relevant examples of storytelling through timelapse movies? Most of the movies I see, including the highly admired movies on this site, are excellent timelapse shot on a bed of music, and not much more than that. When I see good examples I might get inspired.

thanks again

Simon

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page