Hello from the Great Basin Desert!

stoutch

TLN Community Manager
Staff member
Welcome Kelly!
Checked your link and I love your star trails. Really love them!
What gear are you using in general for timelapses and for those lovely images of stars?

Kelly Carroll

New time-lapser
Thank you! For most of those shots I am using a Nikon D7100 and various wide angle lenses. I really like using the Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 - it's sharp through the entire length. Usually my set-up is for 50-60 4 minute exposures - stacked in Photoshop. You can see a few more here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/soktober/sets/72157637829607034/

For time lapse, I'm using the D7100, the Tokina 11-16, Tokina 12-24, Nikon 35 prime, and/or (sometimes) the Nikon 70-300mm. For motion I've been using the DP Stage Zero.

I'm really glad this site is up and running. It looks great - and I am looking forward to being apart of the community. Tell everyone they've done a great job!

stoutch

TLN Community Manager
Staff member
The Tokina 11-16mm lens is a great lens. I would love to buy it at some point!
Nice pictures you have on flickr.
Thanks for sharing the procedure with us. Maybe you can post at some point a step by step guide to share with everyone your way of achieving this really good result!
I love that you're enjoying the forum. It is up and running, but still in a test phase.
We're still testing a lot of things to get everything ready for the official launch and to be able to give everyone the best experience possible on this community!

marcofama

Time Lapse Network Founder
Staff member
Kelly, it's very nice to have you here too mate!
Gorgeous works indeed, as Alan said!

I'm glad you're enjoying this "pre-launch" version of the site, which we've been putting really so much effort into! :)

Take good care of yourself, and start lurking around... then let us have your feedback, they'll be really appreciated!
Marco

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page