Flicker Free by Digital Anarchy: a LRTimelapse GBDeflicker alternative?

Oliver

Active time-lapser
I personally bought and use the Digital Anarchy - Flicker Free plugin on AE an PR (it also works Avid * FCP).
http://www.digitalanarchy.com/Flicker/main.html
Very easy to use thanks to the different presets (timelapse, slowmo, rolling band, etc) and works well in Timelapse.
I know that most people use GBDeflicker but haven't used other deflickering software so I can't compare.

Sample Video (official)

Here is the tutorial, to give you an idea

marcofama

Time Lapse Network Founder
Staff member
Thank you very much again for such useful information Oliver, you're very kind!
So you never used LRTimelapse right? What about writing a short tutorial on this too, for TLN site? Would you like / have time to?
What's its price tag?

Oliver

Active time-lapser
You're welcome. Yes I do use LRTimelapse a lot and this is anmazing tool but in my workflow this more for heavy flickering, holy grail stuff, or adjusting some settings manually over the sequences (white balance, etc.).
I use Digital Anarchy - Flicker Free for regular timelapse when there is small to medium amount of flicker. I just apply the effect in PR or AE and select the Timelapse preset. Et voila !
It does a great job most of the time (and if not, a little bit of settings tweaking can help).

So:
Digital Anarchy - Flicker Free = fast auto Deflicker for regular sequence
LRTimelapse = longer process for complicated sequence and/or manual changes

No problem to write a tutorial for your website but I don't know what else I could say. Gunther's tutorials are very clear already.

marcofama

Staff member
That's what I actually meant - a mini tutorial on flicker free :)

LRT is well covered by Gunther's you are right

marcofama

Staff member
To everyone interested in this plugin, here it goes - thanks Oliver for the amazing job

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page