Exposure jumps using Lrtimelapse

justjay

Active time-lapser
Could you maybe post the timelapse clip without any editing? Often helps to see the footage.
So here is a completely Unedited version, which has flicker and the sky is a real pain. No idea what I'm doing wrong when I already got already fairly decent render out it! The screenshots are post initialize and pre render.

Completely Unedited:

stoutch

TLN Community Manager
Staff member
The first thing I can see is that you changed the exposure a lot of times. For the kind of scene you did that's a bit too much. But that aside Lrt should be able to fix it anyway...

justjay

Active time-lapser
Cheers Alan. So instead of changing it each time the meter bit drops below, what would you recommend?

stoutch

TLN Community Manager
Staff member
When I do sunset i chenge only when the meter goes between -1 and -2 and i'll bring it back to 0. I change only the shutter speed and i leave everything else as it is. On a two hours session you should have 4 or 5 steps and more concentrated towards the end of the scene. It really depends on the scene but that has always worked for me so far

justjay

Active time-lapser
Thanks mate. I was thinking I should adjust the shutter speed everytime it dropped down one if that makes sense? I've not been touching iso or aperture :)

stoutch

TLN Community Manager
Staff member
It's not wrong. It's just more work in post and there's more risk to introduce problems. That's it! It's really up to how u feel confortable and what's the best way u find doing sone tests! :)

justjay

Active time-lapser
Good stuff :) lol

Bloody right it's more post work lol but still, I'm probably having a thick moment with it! :rolleyes:

Have a new computer now too, goodbye laptop hello desktop! Might help my Workflow... (ok I'm just chuffed to have a new toy!)

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page