Displacement of pictures with interval function

Stefan Binder

New time-lapser
Hey,

I have a problem with my timelapse in the last time.
I shoot them and then I always have some displacements in the middle. Like 1-5 pictures are moved down - and always with the same distance.
In the beginning I thought that I moved the tripod, but I'm 100% sure that I haven't moved it a millimeter today (really sure).

And its always the same. What makes me sure that its a camera/magic lantern problem is, that it switchs back to the original position.

Any ideas what I can google or even what the problem is?! Am I right here? Other forums maybe better for that problems?

About my setup:
- EOS 60D with ML
- Intervalometer set to 4 sec, 400 pictures, on tripod

Enclosed in a picture you can see the difference/displacement (left normal, middle to the bottom, right normal)

Big thanks in advance!

Stefan

Edit:
Here 4 RAW's as detailed example if someone wants to take a detail look. First and last are normal, and 6995 and 6996 are displaced.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tuhbo2t62bi63i7/AACrWg8Do0S2_v0u9W5hoWvla?dl=0

Now I have to look through all the pictures, and the occurence of it is quite often.
Within 500 pictures are 13 problems (1-3 pictures with the EXACT same displacement)
(no idea whether this helps: its every 10-70 normal pictures in between that displacements... once more (max: 70) once less (min: 10) )

Makes sense? :(

Attachments

Last edited:

Stefan Binder

New time-lapser
Hey Guys,

Thanks for your answers, i got the tip turning off the image stabilizer on the objective.

It seems it was this.

After the last tour, I also found out that the displacement started after around 500 fotos OR as it got hotter!

Thanks guys!

Stefan

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page