Don Whitebread

New time-lapser

The best part of spending time in the American Southwest is watching the light change as clouds drift over the landscape and the sun rises and sets. I have made still photographs in the canyonlands for decades, and now time-lapse photography lets me show this spectacular country the way I really see it.

Comments and advice are very welcome.

Music from Rodeo, by Aaron Copland
Video is 4K, made with the Sony a7rii, LRTimelapse, and Adobe Premiere Pro

marcofama

Time Lapse Network Founder
Staff member
I believe you did a pretty good job Don

my only "remark" would be around the music choice, as it's quite too... "quite" :) for a timelapse video which to me is "speed", not sure if I can make myself clear!

That said, sharing this with TLI and TLN social communities!

Thanks for showcasing

Don Whitebread

New time-lapser
Thank you for the comments and the promotion, Marco. I actually tried some more urgent music, like we are used to hearing in a lot of timelapse video of storms and cityscapes, but it just wasn't right for the tranquility and majesty of the Canyonlands. I liked the slower music in the Sonoran Desert video you recently posted, and looked for something like that, but more uplifting. Copland always sounds like the American West to me.

Thanks,
Don

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page