Can I sell the same Time Lapse footage on more than one stock website

Oliver232

New time-lapser
Hi

Does anybody know if it is allowed to sell the same footage on different stock websites? For example on pond5 and Shutterstock? And if yes does it make sense to upload on both?

Regards

Oli

marcofama

Time Lapse Network Founder
Staff member
hey Oli

sorry I didn't see this mate...

I believe you can absolutely to, as long as you never sign any exclusivity contract with each, otherwise you could get into serious trouble.

Usually though, your commission will be way lower (cause they know you'll sell the same asset on every platform of your choice)

Hi Oli
yes you can sell your time-lapse on Pond5 and Shutterstock. Just a small part of Pond5 collection requires an exclusive contract, but it's not worth it. Today, all the agencies accept non-exclusive content on their websites. I suggest you to upload your time-lapse on Pond5, Shutterstock and Storyblocks/Videoblocks. Don't waste your time with others. On my website, microstockguru.com, you can find more information and a podcast.

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page