Camera Slider size using Syrp: which one to buy?

Oliver

Active time-lapser
Length is dynamic! I have three syrp lengths, 2 x long and 1 x short, and can only hope that they will one day create some kind of bracket that will allow the union of multiple sliders.
That's one of the main reason I bought the Stage one: the ability of adding rail sections at will to go from 50cm to infinity. I also make the transport much easier since a 2 meters slider can fit in a carry on case.

Last edited:

Steveilad

New time-lapser
Same here. 100 cm is a good length. I rarely go beyond 150 cm since it's a pain to setup (long slider tend to move and bend which affects the final sequence).
I personally bought the dynamic perception Stage one that can be broken into 50 cm pieces which is very convenient for travel.
I just a wrote a review of this system for TLN, it should be up soon.
Thanks Oliver, the more i hear about the sliders that you can extend the more i like the idea especially for portability when hiking up into the hills.

Steveilad

New time-lapser
Length is dynamic! I have three syrp lengths, 2 x long and 1 x short, and can only hope that they will one day create some kind of bracket that will allow the union of multiple sliders. Even the standard long length slider over the course of a night skies lapse gives very little apparent motion speed. Not that I want it all to look rushed or crazy but some discernible motion would be better than that straining to see if there is actually any movement or not...

Other than that I agree with others, it's a pain to hike in anywhere, to walk through a crowded city with them is also a pain, but we only get out of it a reflection of the effort invested.
Thanks for the input Yokohama, from what everyone has said here and info i can find on the web the minimum length i need is 100cm, i wasn't going to go with the syrp magic carpet slider personally purely on price after just buying the Genie ( the wife would probably kill me )
I have been strapping different length pieces of wood to my backpack to see which length i can get away with carrying and anything over a metre is a no go.

Steveilad

New time-lapser
That's one of the main reason I bought the Stage one: the ability of adding rail sections at will to go from 50cm to infinity. I also make the transport much easier since a 2 meters slider can fit in a carry on case.
Thanks Oliver i have just looked at the stage one slider, it is very similar to one i have been looking at.
The one i have looked at is a lot cheaper and won't be as good but it looks like i will be able to get extensions for it
Thank you for the link and info mate

ZenSlider

New time-lapser
Thanks Oliver i have just looked at the stage one slider, it is very similar to one i have been looking at.
The one i have looked at is a lot cheaper and won't be as good but it looks like i will be able to get extensions for it
Thank you for the link and info mate
ZenSlider has no extension but you can get 2 rail extensions and change them very easy. Maybe not what you are looking for but maybe fits your budget.
http://zenslider.com/product/double-zenslider-kit/

about us

Time Lapse Network is the Worldwide community dedicated to time-lapse photography.

Learn the technique, share your experiences and master it watching the best videos for free!

© 2013-18 Time Lapse Network - Created by Marco Famà

submit your video

Follow every single step in this tutorial and get your video straight to the home-page