PROMOTIONAL CODE: TLN2018
Register before January 31st and Save $125
Are you considering the purchase of some motion control gear, but not sure which one will suit your needs the best?
Do you already own a motion control slider or head, but just haven't got around to learning how best to use it?
Register today for this advanced 4-day (and night) motion control workshop, taking place May 15-19th, 2018 in Moab, Utah.
During this workshop you'll get the opportunity to learn and use motion control gear from some of the leading companies in this industry, including Kessler Crane, Dynamic Perception, eMotimo, Rhino Camera Gear, and the Timelapse+ VIEW. You'll learn when and why to use 1-axis, 2-axis, 3-axis, and 4-axis systems, and will be able to borrow a system for an afternoon or night-sky shoot.
During this workshop you'll learn:
- How to use multi-axis MOCO systems, and more importantly when to use them
- How to find a great composition when using motion-control
- How to properly set up your motion control rig in a variety of situations from day to night-sky shooting
- How to capture day to night "holy grail" time lapses
- How to combine day to night capture with camera movement using motion control gear
- How to best visualize your shot, before committing hours to it
- How to obtain sharp focus of the night sky (You cannot rely on infinity focus or auto focus at night)
- How to power your rig and camera for long duration shoots
- How to pre-scout shoot locations and pre-visualize the location before arriving
- How to choose the best lenses and aperture for smooth, flicker-free, timelapses
- How to post process your time lapses using Adobe Creative Cloud, LRTimelapse, StarStax, and more.
What You'll Walk Away with from this Workshop
In just 4 days you'll learn to master the craft of time lapse, and will walk away with the confidence needed to capture and produce professional quality time-lapses in every situation - with and without motion control. You'll learn to use your motion control slider and head in a creative environment, and will learn how to properly set it up to capture dynamic time lapse sequences.
Why Moab, UT?
Moab, Utah is not only one of the most creative and inspiring locations on earth to learn photography, it also has some of the darkest skies and most reliable weather for learning time lapse. When attending a photography workshop you want to make sure the weather won't prevent you from your on-location shoots.. In five years of leading workshops in Moab I have only had to cancel one night of shooting because of rain, out of almost 70 nights. I was able to replace that night of shooting with a sunrise shoot the next morning, which was spectacular.
Moab is also home to the amazing Dead Horse Point State Park, as well as two national parks - Arches and Canyonlands! IF you have never been to Moab you cannot imagine what you are missing. Red rock cliffs, canyon, spires, hoodoos, and arches in every direction, with the Colorado River slicing through the terrain. Huge 10,000 ft snow-capped mountain peaks as a backdrop, and typically dry and warm weather by day with comfortable night time temperatures. Moab is truly a photographers paradise.